Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Theipval Memorial - Brock's Entry

Theipval is a big monument that towers over all of its surrounding area. Names were written in alphabetical order on the sand stone slabs. The early afternoon sun shined brightly on us shedding an inviting light on the monument bringing out the monuments true size and glory. The smooth breezy combined with an Ernest desire to find my ancestry drew me in and captured my attention. Before setting us loose, we assemble before the monument to take a picture in order to capture this moment. Everyone was excited to find their family names on the walls. I was fortunate to find my Mom's maiden name on the wall, in fact, I found 3 Newtons. I was ecstatic to find my mothers side but I want able to find my fathers name. That particularly bothered me. I searched in vain through the registry books. Another feeling I discovered there was a solemn somberness. In the countless people, names, all had sacrificed do much for my freedom; the soldier fought for their homes and for peace. May I never forget. Brock













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment