Saturday, March 24, 2012

Joe's Dachau Post

On the ride to Dachau, I was anxious, nervous and scared. After having read Night, I have had an insight onto what a concentration camp might be like.

As we entered, my anxiety had manifested itself physically, ad the lump in my throat almost kept me from explaining the sign, "Arbeit Macht Frei" - work will set you free.

I became incredibly emotional when we first saw the execution wall, and I could hardly move, though I completely broke down when passing through the gas chamber/crematorium.

I'm glad I witnessed this, even though my emotions got the best of me.

Joe





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Joe, I understand exactly how you feel. I got teary reading your post.

    Love you,
    Aunt Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe,
    Thank you for a most insightful post son. It is soul-shattering to know what some people have had to endure at the hands of others. As difficult a read as Night was, I'm glad I read it.
    Is Dachau where the Elie Wiesel was?
    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete