Monday, March 26, 2012

McNally's Message From Abroad - Yummy.... Pig Head Pâté

Strasbourg - means the city of roads and is the capital of the EU. After a four hour bus ride we stayed the night in Strasbourg. At dinner, the appetizer was 'pig's head pâté salad. The consistency of the pig's head pâté was that of jello with pig's head meat mixed in. I did not particularly like this because of the bland and flavorless jelly. Although I did not find it palatable, I had to try it because it is a regional specialty. The main course was delicious! This portion consisted of chicken, noodles, cream sauce and carrot. This was fantastic! For desert we had ice cream. The ice cream was French vanilla and cinnamon. The French vanilla was so rich and flavorful. I thought that I had had good ice cream in North America but now I can see it cannot compare. All in all we had a great stop!

Thanks to the teachers who have taken us to these amazing places!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment