Thursday, March 29, 2012

9 Elms Cemetery - Grayson's Post

We've just left Nine Elms Cemetery in Poperinge, Belgium. It was extremely moving being able to see my Great, Great Uncle Charlie McDonald's grave. Seeing my class mates pay their respects to my relative, I found it quite hard not to shed a tear or two. I'm so fortunate to have such an amazing piece of heritage and to have been given the opportunity to have visited my Uncle's grave. He was only 18 years of age when he died, one year older than I am now. How could I not be humbled by such an incredible sacrifice, and at such a young age. Thank you to all my teachers and fellow students who gave me this amazing opportunity and for paying their respects. I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Myles Klimek (proud dad of Grayson) - Thank you so much to all of your teacher's for making this memory for you and our family, so very moving.
    Wow son I wish that I was there with you to pay my respects along side you and your classmates. What makes me especially proud, not only of you, but of all your classmates is to see the respect shown toward not just Great Uncle Charlie, but to all the young soldiers who died at approx. your ages. Mom and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete