Saturday, March 31, 2012

Juno Beach... Loren A

March 31st we went to Juno Beach. After watching 'Saving Private Ryan' and the opening scene on the beach you have an idea of what D Day would be like, but not a true understanding. Once we were all standing on the sand, all I kept thinking of was how could such a peaceful place exist after the horrors it had seen. We also went down into a German bunker, and down there everything from how many soldiers stayed down there to which direction the doors opened was strategically planned out so any invaders would fail. The fact that they won the war on Juno beach made me even more proud to be a Canadian!














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Loren. We should all be proud to be Canadian!! I can't imagine standing where so many had fallen so long ago... The beach does look so peaceful, I can only hope horrors like what occurred there never, ever occur again.

    I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    Love,
    Heather (Loren's Mom)

    ReplyDelete